Freeway (part of the Prism Group)
The Freeway Ceiling track system is proven: It has already provided many thousands of users with safe reliable operation over many years. The system is British made to aerospace standards. Parts to service and extend your system are always readily available.
The Freeway system is totally flexible and gives endless design possibilities so you can choose the configuration that is perfect for you.
Fixed or Portable?
The Freeway fixed Ceiling Track Hoist
Benefits are as follows:
- The hoist attaches permanently to its own specially designed attractive white aluminium track with a range of track configurations that can cover several rooms providing greater flexibility
- It is available as a powered traverse model as well as manual traverse, so a user can propel themselves along the track using the handset
- Powered traverse models can be used with some track options that are not recommended for use with a manual traverse model e.g. transition gates
- As the hoist unit itself stays at ceiling height, the user is not obstructed by the hoist unit at any time
- Easily recharged by docking at the charging bay at the end of the track
- Even on a manual traverse, the amount of bodily force required to propel the user is minimal thus reducing carer or user fatigue
- The hoist is suitable for long term use such as in a care home or hospital as the track is permanent and does not have to be erected every time use is required
- No need to unclip and move the hoist from track to track, therefore reducing risk of damage to carer or hoist
The Freeway Portable Hoist
Benefits are as follows:
- The Portable hoist can be used in different locations whether in the same building or elsewhere
- The Portable hoist’s carry hook can easily be clipped onto any Freeway track when fitted with a suitable trolley assembly, or to the Freeway gantry system
- A lightweight hoist weighing only 5Kg (11lbs) without batteries
- Strong with a safe working load of 200kg (30 stone)
- Can be used with the Freeway free standing gantry which is useful for people who are temporarily ill, those who are going to be moving, re- housed etc or for people who do not want or cannot have a permanent hoist fitted in their home
The Freeway fixed Ceiling Track hoists and the Freeway Portable hoists are designed for use in connection with Freeway slings – a wide range of comfortable slings available in five sizes, developed over a number of years to be appropriate for their task with the safety and comfort of the user in mind.